Friday 13 May 2011

Blue and White Clutch Bag

I love the way that Kenzo mixes colour, pattern and texture to produce a beautiful collection of clothes. His Spring Summer '11 collection was no exception and after seeing the images, I was heavily inspired to make some clutch bags using the blue and white fabrics that he used. They are traditional to Japan and I have been collecting these fabrics since I first arrived here a year and a half ago. I recently started a quilt made out of the pieces and I had some left over, so decided to try out a clutch bag made from the remaining pieces. I am really pleased with the result and love the shot of hot pink lining when the bag is opened. I also added three cute printed buttons to the outside of the bag as decoration. You can find this on my Etsy store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts