Friday 1 April 2011

Juicy Fabrics

It's very hard to imagine that the awful events of March 11th only happened three weeks ago. So much seems to have happened in that time and there are so many varying points of view on the events that are still happening here in Japan. A friend recently sent me a blog posting from David Bull, a guy who has lived in Japan a long time (he incidently creates beautiful woodcut prints). I felt that he gave a well balanced view of the situation in Japan and wanted to share it. You can read it here.

Many people have encouraged us to carry on as normal here, which includes going out and spending money as we would have done otherwise. Thus, I have trotted out and spent some money on these gorgeous fabrics! I feel that I have made my small contribution to stimulating the Japanese economy, as well as satisfying my designers urge. I now hope to make some beautiful clutch bags from these juicy fabrics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts