Saturday 19 March 2011

Norwegian Wood

In light of all the recent events that have been happening in Japan, I decided to leave Tokyo on wednesday and head home to England for a while. It was a very difficult decision to make and I really didn't want to go, but I realised it was probably the best thing to do for now. I have left my husband there, and he is doing well, spending the week in Hiroshima. Even though this awful string of events has happened, it has made me realise how much I love Japan and how I can't wait to get back there and get on with my life.

Yesterday I went to see Norwegian Wood, a film based on the bestselling novel by Japanese author Haruki Murakami. I have been meaning to read the book for a while but never got around to it, and now I wish I'd read it before I saw the film. It's a sad story, reminiscing on love and loss and I thought the film was beautifully filmed - rather like a series of stunning photos, with beautiful shots of Japanese scenery - but I'm afraid the film was rather drawn out and didn't grip me as I felt it probably should have done. I am hoping that by reading the book I may get more insight into the characters and what they were thinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts