Wednesday 26 January 2011

Tokyo Dome Quilt Show

Yesterday I went to the Quilt show at the humungous Tokyo Dome. It's a once yearly event and really is quite overwhelming, with hundreds of stalls selling wares and a massive collection of intricately-made quilts. It was absolutely heaving, full of very little, determined ladies of a certain age, but really interesting and I also managed to buy some beautiful fabrics. I will now have to get sewing and make some more bags! For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I now have a new Cheeky Leopard site. You can view it here.There was an apple tree right in the middle of the quilt show. I'm not quite sure how they did it, but the trunk and twigs looked real, and the apples were made of a fab dotty green fabric. I think I may even have some of that fabric!
I love the use of the kimono fabric in this quilt. It's given me some ideas to use my own kimono fabrics - which I have many of! I love the idea of making clutch bags out of patchwork kimono pieces.
I'm loving this quilt incorporating sumi-e brushes and calligraphy it's rather reminiscent of the blue and white quilt I'm working on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts