Friday 1 October 2021

Ikat evening purse

Ikat fabrics are stunning for the effect they create, but they are also technically amazing as the design is dyed onto the threads before they are woven. One day I would love to see this process in action as I can't even imagine how they being to create a design like that.


The weaving process naturally creates this characteristic blurred effect to the design. I was drawn to this fabric for its interesting colour palette. Magenta pink sits against a grey/beige, using a scroll motif.


I bought this fabric on a trip to Istanbul. As a fabric-lover, it was heaven to trawl through the bazaars, meet the shop owners and drink tea with them whilst they showed me through their array of fabrics.


This fabric was perfect for making into a stunning clutch bag and I lined it with a pretty purple cotton fabric.


This bag is big enough to fit phone, keys makeup and sunglasses in. Check out the stunning green tassel detail on the zipper pull!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts