Wednesday 29 April 2020

Japanese face masks

Whilst living in Japan, I amassed a wealth of fabrics and I have quite a hearty collection. Many of the fabrics I bought were beautiful kimono fabrics that I made into clutch bags and purses. But I also gravitated towards the wonderful array of cotton fabrics on offer. There were so many choices and there is even an area in Tokyo called Fabric Town which is in Nippori, north of the city. The best shop was called Tomato, a fabric haven that spread over 5 floors, but along the same street there were a selection of smaller stores which often had hidden gems in them. Along my way, I picked up these two fabulous fabrics - a sumo wrestler fabric and a Mount Fuji fabric which I have now made into washable, reusable cotton face masks.


I love the sweet sketchy feel of these jostling sumo on a fab mustard yellow ground.


Each mask is double sided so that you can use either side depending on your mood. The back of the mask has a contrasting dark grey crosshatch fabric and there are two black elastic loops.


I love the fresh blue of the Mount Fuji fabric and its simple design.


This mask has two white elastic loops to put around the ears.


For the back of this mask I chose a red and white spotty fabric to match the red of the sun in the Mount Fuji fabric.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts