Friday 2 June 2017

Fabric Friday

This Friday I'd like to showcase some fabrics I've been playing with as an idea for my next scarf design. They are all vintage kimono pieces and come in shades of rust, mustard, black and white.


The highlight of the scarf is this stunning floral piece below. I bought it in Tokyo last November and have been saving it for the right item.


It will match very nicely with this black and white butterfly fabric. I only have  small amount of it, so I will have to be careful how I use it.


To tie in more of the black, I've chosen this ikat-effect fabric below. It has touches of red and white in it which matches with the reds of the floral design.


The geometric design below is a classic Japanese design motif and even though it is very classic, still looks modern. It will act as a nice trim for the scarf.


Look out for this scarf in store soon.
In the meantime you can check out more scarves in my shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts