Friday 17 June 2016

New York - Day 7

I woke up really early this morning, my last morning, in time to see the end of the New York sunrise and what a stunner it was! I then went back to bed and slept until a more civilised time!


Today was all about mooching! And my plan was to meander round my neighbourhood, Nolita, and then head over to the West Village. First port of call was a lovely little shop called Baby Blue Line that sells feminine, yet understated clothing aimed at a variety of age groups.


I then stopped in on Coclico, a shop that sells beautiful shoes. I wanted all of them!


Next was NFP who sells versatile, beautifully draped items in jersey, silk and knitwear.


By the time I got to the West Village, it was time for lunch so I dipped into a great place called Suprema Provisions. First on the list was a cooling glass of prosecco....


....followed by a scrumptious plate of caprese salad and bread.


I carried on along Bleecker street and suddenly found myself heading into the Kate Spade store....


I loved the banana-themed purses and bags.


And the beautifully tropical colours.


Before I knew it, I was being told by the shop assistant that there was a huge sale on certain items, and suddenly I was buying myself a new black handbag!!!!


To recover from this purchase, I trotted over to the west side and sat on the grass by the river. The weather was beautiful!


I slowly made my way back to Chinatown and decided to have a massage. I love the fact you can just do it on the spur of the moment here and it's pretty cheap and cheerful. Most of the Chinese massage places are pretty ropey, but this was one of the ropiest! I was lead down into the depths of the basement, along a warren of corridors to a very dark, basic room. It felt a bit unsavoury, but the masseuse was very nice and it was one of the best massages I've had!

The perfect end to a perfect week was spent with my dear friends Lee and Colin having dinner at Balaboosta.




This was followed by drinks at a local neighbourhood bar.


Two hours sleep and then off to the airport! Goodbye New York xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts