Monday 1 June 2015

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday! I hope a good weekend was had by all. Mine was a fun packed one.

On Friday evening I met up with my friend Audrey in Notting Hill. It's always great to head over there and soak up the atmosphere. We started the evening with a pamper session at Privet, a garden-themed spa that calls its beauty team 'expert gardeners' who believe that personal pruning should be an enjoyable affair! They offer all sorts of hair removal as well as massage, facial and other therapies in the surrounds of a garden shed and all things related to gardening. We went for the luxury pedicure which meant we had the full treatment on our tired feet whilst we also got the chance to catch up.


Each room has a different name, such as the Potting Shed, the Tool Shed (just for men) and the Writers Shed - kitted out with a typewriter in case you feel the need to get creative.

We had our pedicure in the Manicured Garden.


With refreshed feet and a hungry belly, we trotted to Honest Burger to fuel up, before heading to  Trailer Happiness for a cocktail or two. It was a fab and funky place and reminded me of many a bar I used to frequent when I lived in the East Village in New York.



On Saturday I took my nieces to see Matilda in the West End and it was fab! The sets were amazing and Tim Minchin's songs and lyrics clever and evocative. My favourite scene was when the children sang When I Grow Up, a song about wishing to be older so that they could do whatever they wanted (eat as many sweets as they want) without being told off. It's actually a very poignant piece and reminds you of how quickly childhood goes, as well as showing that there are times when we don't always feel grown up, even if we are! It brought a tear to my eye....


Much of Sunday was spent sewing and here is an example of a few of the bags I made. They are made out of stunning sari fabrics I bought when I was last in India and I love the vibrant colours, mixed with metallic gold. They are now waiting to have their frames glued on....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts