Thursday 23 October 2014

Another shade of grey

A while ago I mentioned on my blog that I had been using shades of grey with some of my bags and creating items that were a bit softer in colour. 

I recently made this clutch bag which is also in shades of grey and combines an Indian fabric with a Japanese obi fabric, bought at an antique market in Tokyo. The obi is modern in feel, but I'm pretty sure it's vintage and I love the flash of orange, green and pink down the centre. The Indian fabric is an embroidered silk shantung that I bought at Joel and Son a while ago. I've been waiting for a while to find the right fabric to team it with and when I came across the obi fabric in my collection, it was a match made in heaven! 

The fabrics work beautifully together and I decided to add an orange lining that is a perfect match to the orange on the outside of the bag. You can find it in my store here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts