Wednesday 3 September 2014

In the bedroom


It's not often you get to have afternoon tea, and see some stunning artwork. Last  Friday I got to do both, with my lovely friend Katharine and her mum Ann. They invited me round to their beautiful home in Kensington and before I knew it, I was being led up to her mother's room to see something special.....

Well, it definitely made me gasp! It was a beautiful embroidery hanging that she had inherited from her aunt and it wasn't just any old embroidery. It covered the whole wall of her bedroom and was stunning in its quality of work but also it's colour. It depicts a woodland scene and has beautifully muted colours. I actually find it quite hard to put these types of colours together as a designer. The softened colour is partly due to the aging process and works amazingly well!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts