Friday 29 August 2014

Fave fabric Friday

This Friday's fabric is a sumo spectacular! It's a tenegui fabric that I bought in Tokyo a while ago and it shows many of the complex (and sometimes ungainly) moves of the sumo gods. We went to see the sumo matches several times whilst living in Tokyo and I loved it! You can see a posting about it on my Tokyo blog here

A tenegui is a thin Japanese hand towel that is almost always dyed with a pattern. It can be used as a washcloth, dishcloth or even as a headband, souvenir or as wrapping a gift. I couldn't resist buying this one and have been wondering what to do with it ever since. I have decided to make it into a coin purse and to line it with a fresh blue and white swirly cotton fabric. Who couldn't resist a sumo purse to keep their small change in?!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts