Saturday 30 April 2011

Fab Furoshiki

I've just added this Florence Clasp bag to my Etsy store. I love the simple geometric print and the vibrant yellow with a shot of brown thrown in. The fabric actually comes from a furoshiki that I bought a while ago. A furoshiki is a Japanese tradition where beautiful pieces of cloth are used to wrap anything from groceries, to gifts and lunch boxes. The furoshiki can be tied in many different ways (see here for tips), and also means that the wrapping is often more appealing than the gift! One faux pas that must be avoided, however, is to not keep the furoshiki and to make sure it is given back to the owner. It seems that in many cases, the furoshiki is a family heirloom.....

I also love the modern take on a furoshiki bag. See here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts