Thursday 29 December 2022

Christmas drawing challenges

I love to dip into the drawing challenges set by a variety of illustrators and designers on Instagram and Spoonflower. For most of December I've been participating in a selection of challenges that are related to a winter and Christmas theme.


This challenge was called 'happy mail' and was part of the #12daysofcreativecheer drawing challenge on Instagram. I chose to include christmas note cards, holly-embossed envelopes and seasonal stamps all in a festive colour palette. You will be able to find this as a repeat pattern in my Spoonflower shop soon!


These martini glasses were my interpretation for the 'tipsy and toasty' prompt for the #12daysofcreativecheer challenge. Bubbly cocktails have been embellished with a slice of spicy orange, a candy cane and sprigs of holly.


'Sugar and spice' was the prompt word for this #12daysofcreativecheer drawing challenge and I immediately thought of warming hot chocolate and spiced lattes. I chose festive-themed mugs and embellished them with marshmallows, a cinnamon stick and chocolate sprinkles.


The prompt word for 14th Dec for the #doodleadaydec drawing challenge set by @ellolovey was 'cookies' so I chose to draw these festive cuties on a pink background. This print has been designed in repeat and will be available to buy by-the-metre in my Spoonflower shop soon!


On 6th December the prompt word for the @ellolovey #doodleadaydec drawing challenge was 'ornament' so I drew this selection of retro-inspired baubles in a pleasing colour palette of pinks, reds, blues and greens.


The @ellolovey #doodleadaydec drawing challenge for 18th December was 'candlelight' so I drew this little still life, inspired by the christmas ornaments in my home.


Another drawing challenge for the #12daysofcreativecheer was 'ribbon and wrap' so I created an allover design of brightly coloured, patterned presents in all shapes and sizes. This one has also been made into a repeat pattern and will be available in my Spoonflower shop soon.


Skiers shoot down a mountain in this festive take on the 'skates and skis' prompt for the ##frostyandfestive challenge. I included decorative christmas trees and snowflakes.


On 16th December I created this scenic for the #12daysofcreativecheer drawing challenge. The prompt was 'candy forest' so a created a super sweet scene including gingerbread houses, candy floss clouds and lollipop trees. This can also be found as a repeat pattern in my Spoonflower shop.


The christmas eve prompt for the #frostyandfestive challenge was 'woodland and wonderland' so I created this repeat pattern of christmas trees and stars on a light blue background.


The December 28th prompt word for the #doodleadaydec challenge form @ellolovey was 'snow globe' so I used some of the trees from my 'woodland and wonderland' design to create this little cutie.

All these images can be found on my Instagram account.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts