Sunday 1 March 2020

Emily Isabella

On a recent shopping trip to Anthropologie, I discovered the whimsy style of Emily Isabella who has designed a number of prints for the store. Based in the Hudson Valley, just north of NYC, she works from her studio, inspired by her search for charm in the everyday.


Her pattern-driven work reflects her background in textile design and her drawings and paintings have been applied to products such as books, bedding, clothing, fabric, rugs and wallpaper.






I couldn't resist buying one of her shirts in Anthropologie. It's called the Tabitha Printed Blouse and this one is a stunning blue with whimsical Chinese-inspired tigers on it. It is made from a lovely fine rayon fabric and I love the vibrant colour and original imagery.


In fact I love it so much I might have to go back and get the poodle shirt and the trapezist shirt too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts