Monday 28 October 2019

Sketch London

Afternoon tea has become a very popular thing to do and I've done a few in my time! But I think my favourite experience was at Sketch recently. Housed in an 18th century townhouse, this quirky restaurant, tea room and cocktail bar is eclectically designed.


We had our afternoon tea in the pink dining room - a nod to the decadence of the 1930s.


The seats are upholstered in a soft pink velvet and modern art adorns the walls.


This lovely man in pink served us caviar on a pearl spoon!


The menu had a Victorian style to it and each sandwich and pastry had been  illustrated in a Victorian style.


After an amuse bouche of comte cheese soldiers dipped in a cheese mornay and served with caviar, this three-tiered wonder arrived! Savouries were on the bottom tier and included sandwiches such as coronation chicken and salmon and cucumber, as well as an egg gougere with watercress. Scrumptious sweet items were on the other two tiers and included passionfuit cheesecake, blueberry tart and blackberry marshmallow.


I liked the quote that I found at the bottom of my teacup. There were two pages of tea choices on the menu and an endless supply of any tea of your choice. I tried the English Breakfast tea, followed by rosebud tea and then finished with the lemongrass and ginger tea.


The toilets have to be visited! Each toilet is housed in an egg-shaped pod.


For a darker, more moody experience, a drink in the woodland-themed bar is a must.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts