Saturday 14 March 2020

Pretty in pink

Times are rather strange at the mo! And during strange times, sewing is a great distraction and a wonderfully therapeutic pastime. I feel very lucky to have a business where I get to play with fabrics and to sew on a regular basis. My latest sewing project and new addition to my store is this pretty pink and red scarf.


This scarf is made from a selection of vintage cotton kimono pieces from my extensive kimono collection. I chose to combine a red and white chrysanthemum fabric with a pink ikat floral fabric.


Each of my scarves are long enough to wrap once or twice around the neck and makes a great addition to any outfit. Each of my scarves is a complete original, an individual and a one-off piece.


All fabrics used in my scarf designs are vintage pieces that were bought from shrine sales and antique markets whilst living in Tokyo. I lived in Tokyo for four years and spent many happy days trawling antique markets and kimono shops for the perfect motif and colour combination.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts